ASSESSMENT, TREATMENT PLANNING AND TECHNIQUES IN PLAY THERAPY
January 8, 2021 - January 9, 2021$35 - $400
As a play therapist is necessary to have a tool kit with a variety of assessments to determine
different presenting problems and gain knowledge of techniques that can be used in play therapy
sessions. This course explores some directed techniques that can be used with children.
Participants will also gain an understanding of the importance of treatment planning.
1. Participants will critique a variety of play assessments that can be used in diagnosis.
2. Participants will assess 3 or more possible themes within the play session.
3. Participants will demonstrate writing 1 or more play therapy sessions notes/treatment
plans using play themes and assessment tools.
4. Participants will discuss how basic child developmental stages a role in assessment,
treatment planning, and implementation of play therapy techniques.
5. Participants will apply appropriate assessments to build a play therapy treatment plan
that both gives the family/child clear direction, and meets requirements of payers.
6. Participants will gain a basic knowledge of child development to enhance assessment
7. Participants will demonstrate how to write a treatment plan using play therapy
8. Participants will design a treatment plan for a specific Diagnosis using play therapy
9. Participants will discuss case studies to enhance their play therapy assessment skills.
10. Participants will identify the social stages of play.
11. Participants will recognize the importance of the parental involvement in play therapy.
12. Participants will compile a “resource list” or information page for parents of children in
Training 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM (15 minute breaks at 2:45 PM and 7 PM, 30 minute break at
Training 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM (15 minute breaks at 10:30 AM and 3:30 PM, 1 hour break at
*Must be present the whole training, no partial credit given. Cancelations received at least 5 days prior to
schedule training are refundable less a $35 administration fee. Cancellations within 5 days prior to scheduled
training or missed trainings (no shows) will not be given a refund. Play therapy credit may not be awarded to
non-mental health professionals.