Professional Development in Play Therapy
September 24$35 - $200
This course will explore the professional and ethical considerations that are important to explore as a professional play therapist. Ethical issues concerning HIPAA compliance, working with special populations, and self-care will be discussed. Additionally, staying abreast on current research, consulting with other play therapy professionals, and private practice journeys will be addressed.
At the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- Design a marketing plan as a play therapist that adheres to ethical standards.
- Utilize social media to market as a play therapist that adheres to ethical standards.
- Assess various forms of communication with clients and how HIPAA guidelines are paramount in communication.
- Describe 1 or more personal self-care routine(s) that you will implement daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.
- Explain 1 or more area (i.e., theory or certification) in play therapy that you want to explore further.
- Describe 1 or more reason why consulting with other play therapy professionals is essential in your practice.
- Compare 2 or more ways to start private practice.
- Utilize case vignettes to conceptualize ethical issues that may arise specifically in play therapy.
Friday Schedule: Training 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM (15 minute breaks at 2:45 PM and 7 PM, 30 minute break at 4:45 PM)
*Must be present the whole training, no partial credit given. Cancelations received at least 5 days prior to schedule training are refundable less a $35 administration fee. Cancellations within 5 days prior to scheduled training or missed trainings (no shows) will not be given a refund. Play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.