Theories and Ethics of Play Therapy
November 5 - November 6$40 - $400
In order to practice play therapy successfully, a working understanding of the foundational theories surrounding play therapy is essential. This training will explore historical significant/seminal theories that have impacted the practice of play therapy. Professionals will be encouraged to consider their own personality in relation to each theory when working with clients and families using play therapy. This will be accomplished by using lecture, discussion, experiential learning, and case studies.
At the end of the workshop, the learner will be able to:
1. Describe 3 or more basic concepts of Child-Centered Play Therapy.
2. Describe 3 or more basic concepts of Adlerian Play Therapy.
3. Describe 3 or more basic concepts of Psychodynamic Play Therapy.
4. Describe 3 or more basic concepts of Cognitive-Behavioral Play Therapy.
5. Describe 3 or more basic concepts of Experiential Play Therapy.
6. Describe 3 or more basic concepts of Gestalt Play Therapy.
7. Describe 1 or more basic concepts of Filial Play Therapy.
8. Describe 1 or more basic concepts of Theraplay®.
9. Describe 3 or more basic concepts of Developmental Play Therapy.
10. Describe 3 or more basic concept of Ecosystemic Play Therapy.
11. Describe 3 or more basic concepts of Prescriptive Play Therapy.
12. Demonstrate a play therapy technique/session from the prospective of 1 or more play therapy theories.
13. Discuss how to incorporate 1 or more theories into their practice of play therapy according to each participants’ own self-as-a-therapist.
14. Plan how to incorporate Play Therapy Best Practices and the Paper on Touch into participants’ practice.
Friday Schedule: Training 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM (15 minute breaks at 2:45 PM and 7 PM, 30 minute break at 4:45 PM)
Saturday Schedule: Training 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM (15 minute breaks at 10:30 AM and 3:30 PM, 1 hour break at 12:30 PM)
*Must be present the whole training, no partial credit given. Cancelations received at least 5 days prior to schedule training are refundable less a $40 administration fee. Cancellations within 5 days prior to scheduled training or missed trainings (no shows) will not be given a refund. Play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.